PLEASE NOTE: CONSULTATIONS ARE COMPULSORY PRIOR TO ANY COSMETIC TATTOO PROCEDURE. A FACE-TO-FACE OR PHOTO CONSULTATION ALLOWS US TO ASSESS ALL FACTORS BEFORE DETERMINING IF YOU ARE A SUITABLE CANDIDATE TO HAVE THE PROCEDURE DONE.
What is involved in a Cosmetic Brow Tattoo appointment?
Your brow artist will discuss with you in great detail the look you wish to achieve and provide recommendations on how to achieve this outcome. This is very much a two-way conversation, in which we will listen, respond and advise.
Once we know the look you are aiming for, we draw the brows on with a makeup pencil. These can be drawn on and adjusted as many times as necessary, until you are completely comfortable. We will not proceed with the tattooing process until you are well and truly happy with the shape that we have drawn. As tattoo artists, we aim to create as much symmetry as possible, but it is important to note that faces are not symmetrical.
The initial procedure/appointment will take approximately 1.5 - 3 hours, depending on the method of brow tattoo. This time frame includes a thorough consultation and numbing time. Before we start, we map out the shape on your face, taking into account how the brows will complement your face shape and facial features. Please bear in mind that your eyebrows will never be identical. Unfortunately, it is not possible to create perfectly symmetrical brows – especially with the microblading procedure – as tiny hairstrokes are being replicated.
Cosmetic Tattooing is a multiple-step process, a minimum of two sessions are recommended initially. A perfecting session is required approximately 6 weeks following the initial procedure.
BROW TATTOOING PRE-PROCEDURE ADVICE
Before undergoing cosmetic tattooing, please heed the following advice:
- Do not take Fish Oil or Ibuprofen for 7 days before or after the procedure.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting with your doctor.
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs 24 hours prior to your treatment. Some antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs interact with the tattooing adversely. Please inform our clinic prior to your treatment date as you may need to be cancelled.
- If you suffer from any nervous or anxiety disorders please consider carefully if this is something for you as the healing process takes up to 6 weeks and can be an anxious wait as the treatment is not perfected until after healing of the touch up.
- Please ensure that you have your Botox, Dysport or Fillers procedure at least a fortnight before or after your cosmetic tattooing appointment.
Here’s what you can expect after getting your brows tattooed:
- Immediately after the treatment, it is completely normal for the area to weep, appear darker and more intense. Whilst swelling with brows is very minimal, it may happen. After a few days the skin naturally exfoliates and heals to reveal the true colour.
- It is extremely important that clients do not get water (including sweat and steam) on their tattooed brows for 10 days following their appointment. Saltwater and chlorine both bleach the brows and draw out the pigment, so do not swim in the ocean or a pool during the healing process.
- The colour after a few days will be lighter, after 4-6 weeks the true colour will show through. The colour will look a little different at various times of the day, due to your own skin responses and different lighting will show a slight colour change. Please do not be worried if you lose colour after getting brows tattooed, as you can lose up to 60% the first time.
- We will explain all aftercare instructions and provide you with a detailed information sheet after your appointment.
For more information on cosmetic tattooing or to arrange a consultation please contact the clinic directly or read our FAQ's page.
Brow Corrections and Removals
We are asked very regularly to correct another artist’s work. Due to the popularity of brow tattoos, there has been a huge growth in the number of unqualified and inexperienced brow artists performing tattoos. Please note that we take on each brow correction case on an individual basis, and unfortunately cannot always resolve every case. If you would like a tattoo correction, please book in for a consultation and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Book Appointment >
Feather Touch Brows (Microblading)
Achieve the ultimate natural brow, without the hassle. Using a technique called Microblading, we create your brow strand-by-strand with life-like brow strokes applied directly onto the skin. Please note that not everyone is a suitable candidate for this treatment, so we recommend a consultation first.
Powder or Ombré Brows
Achieve a soft, misty, powder filled brow similar to the look of makeup without the everyday fuss. This technique is a solid colour fill or gradual fading application applied with a clustered needle head. The finish result will heal to a much softer powdered finish. Very flattering and gorgeous with clients that already have some degree of existing brow hair. Perfect for all skin types, or those that have vascular or oily skin and cannot retain pigment in their skin.
Combination Brows (Microblading + Shading)
Our signature technique incorporates both the brow feathering and powdering techniques through the brow shape to give the natural look of hair strokes and the density and weight of the powdering. Have the best of both worlds!